Leadership through Eyes of a Coach...Alan Booth

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

MAY I ASK FOR SILENCE

85% of my executive clients have learned that, better than words [text, email, phone], Silence has the unique power that enables [empowers] others to take engage about things they normally would not...for you.

That's true leadership!

Take the top executive, Mark, who engaged me me to help him transition to his new role.  He was challenged both in getting support from his superiors as well as to get his admin to step up and organize his day.

Mark to CEO: "Mary, I would value your thoughts on how I might better succeed on Project Arrow. What are your thoughts, please?"  SILENCE.

Mark to Admin: "Elizabeth, I need your help to better organize my day.  What would you suggest we could do to make that happen"  SILENCE.

Results:

When Mark was aware of his need to talk, he kept his mouth shut.  And he got valuable information that caused him to exceed expectations of himself and those around him.


Silence works, when we learn how to stop talking and listen!

No comments:

 
http://gpsadvantage.blogspot.com/