Leadership through Eyes of a Coach...Alan Booth

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Facts vs. Emotions...a Big Difference when Relating to People

Emotions vs. Facts Exciting...I actually disciplined myself to spend the day reading from books that have influence me in the past. No computer on, no looking for emails. I am at How to Win Friends and Influence People. Dale Carnegie reminds us that when dealing with people, we are dealing with emotions, yours and theirs! But what is the frequency that people are engaging you around logic. Carnegie: "We are not creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotions, creatures bristling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity." SPEAKING ILL OF PEOPLE I catch myself talking to friends about people who hit my hot buttons. This is criticism. "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain -- and most fools do" The result: people will think less of you and might even marginalize you. AS A COACH This is particularly a challenge for executive coaches. Yet, coaching is all about getting their clients to be judgmental about themselves. Tricky business. But when we are self-assessing, we will own possible solutions and be more motivated to act on them! That is what true coaching does. Call me to continue this conversation: 203.216.6232

hashtagclients hashtagrelationships

No comments:

 
http://gpsadvantage.blogspot.com/