Leadership through Eyes of a Coach...Alan Booth

Monday, May 6, 2019

IT'S NOT YOU, STUPID

This year I have been blessed with new clients.

Why? You ask.

Finally I am practicing what I preach: It's not about you, it's about them.

Imagine sitting across the table [or desk] of a business executive in which you have done about 15 minutes of research...about them, their company, challenges they probably have experienced...but not about you yet.

And why not?  Every prospect I talk with has already looked at my LinkedIn profile which pretty much tells the World who I am, how I think, where I have worked and the challenges I have found solutions for.

I can't believe the number of people I have met that still uses a resume format to describe themselves.

So, how I do I help people?

Usually with a series of 3-4 questions, each one formed based on the answer to the previous one.

Another blessing today: a new client.


No comments:

 
http://gpsadvantage.blogspot.com/