Leadership through Eyes of a Coach...Alan Booth

Saturday, August 11, 2018

ISOLATATION


Alan Pic Oct 17

Virtually every second generation business owner I have worked with, complain that conversation at home is always focused on Dad's business.

This at the exclusion of spouse and kids. I experienced with the same thing with my Dad who spent nearly every weekend fixing up our house. I still have many of his paint brushes he left me. I believe some have over 10,000 hours on them.

Big Surprise when my wife told me 15 years ago, that my tombstone should simply say "HE WORKED"

Bigger surprise when I woke up one day realizing that all of my "friends" were associated with my business. No real friends.

So I am on the mission to making genuine friends and finding the strength to turn off business implications.

Hard work!

Best,

Alan
Friend Finder and Executive Coach



No comments:

 
http://gpsadvantage.blogspot.com/