Leadership through Eyes of a Coach...Alan Booth

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

PROBLEM SOLVING WITH TEXTING

Client [Chairman]:

One of our outside groups is avidly pressuring me to resolve a life-threatening situation that we were both involved with.

Booth:        So what is the problem?

Client:        This person is unilaterally forming a meeting with 3 other executives, me and my deputy.

Booth:        Tell me about what you have discussed.

Client:         I get a text from this executive every 20 minutes. He won't let this go and is disrupting critical things I must do. He is raving mad.

Booth:        No talk? [no].So you are having a communication issue around policy that sounds like the start of a battle, "We vs. Them".

Take control by calling this person live, saying "I earnestly want to resolve what appears to be a reasonable point you bring up. Can I suggest the three of us convene, either in my office or yours?" And stop texting him back!



With this communication becoming more emotional, seems "TALKING" will be more effective in negotiating a fair resolution.

No comments:

 
http://gpsadvantage.blogspot.com/