Leadership through Eyes of a Coach...Alan Booth

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

WARNING: I WILL BE CALLING YOU TOMORROW


Does this make you feel angry that I would be so aggressive?

When coaching CEO Dave, it became clear he was dissatisfied with one of his staff who was in the field.  "Dave, please share what your last conversation sounded like."

"No problem, Alan", as he prints out all of the emails from the past two weeks." [8 pages]

WHAT?  Email?

So I read the first sentence of the last message: "John, I am very disappointed with the proposal you gave XYZ Distributors..."

My response to CEO Dave: "How do you think John reacted?"

Dave: "Not very well"

 Me: "So do you want to terminate him, have him resign or motivate him to meet your expectations?"

 Needless to say there was much more work needed when one attempts to manage, motivate or influence someone exclusively by email.

No comments:

 
http://gpsadvantage.blogspot.com/